Copper sulphate is a compound prepared by the action of sulphuric acid on copper II. Copper sulphate is widely used as fungicide, herbicide and for photography. In a human being, it can lead to anemia. Medical literature is lacking regarding accidental or suicidal poisoning cases of copper sulphate in Pakistan. We present a case of accidental ingestion of copper sulphate resulting in severe acute toxicity, which was successfully managed by intensive supportive measures and Dimercaprol (BAL).
|Number of pages||2|
|Journal||Journal of the College of Physicians and Surgeons--Pakistan : JCPSP|
|Publication status||Published - Jul 2010|
- Copper sulphate